Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's not that I can't commit....


Lyla.... Last Friday evening I was unexpectedly offered a 9 week old german short hair pit bull mix.... for free!  After the passing of Ringo, my 14 year old beagle, almost a year ago; I've been wanting another dog and when this opportunity arose, I didn't feel like I could pass it up.  I took her home and named her Lyla.  She was obedient, intelligent and very affectionate.  She slept through the night and managed not to have a single 'accident' inside the house!  She played well with other dogs, and with other people.  Lyla just might have been the perfect pup!  Alas; I began feeling guilty- knowing that she would be kenneled 9 hours a day while I worked.  Anxiety crept in as I began to think about how big she would grow to be and realized just how tiny my living space is... the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I simply couldn't keep her.....(sigh).  
You know- it's amazing how quickly a free puppy will get a response when posted online!  My mac was still in my lap when I got the first call; she was gone within the hour.  
And that's the story of my 21 hour puppy. lol  Don't worry, I made sure she went to a good home.  Here's some pics:








2 comments:

Danielle said...

Baby - I'm totally over it... she is cute, but you not having anxiety is a 100 times better, I can see that now. :) ha ha

Adam Jensen said...

Hey Wayne,
it's Rachel. I saw a link to your blog from Facebook and have been reading up on your life as of late :) Hope ya don't mind.
It was nice seein' you at Stephen's wedding. Hope to again soon.
Cya!